South Africa Opportunities – Graphic Designer
The incumbent will report to the Digital Channels Manager.
Key Deliverables of the Graphic Designer
- Multimedia content development – under the direction of management, develop, design, code, and deliver digital products such as graphics, animations, imaging, audio and video displays, and other interactive media on a variety of web platforms.
- Liaise with regions to determine their content requirements and understand timelines.
- Manage proposals from typesetting through to graphic design, print and production.
- Maintain accurate and organised files, including design assets and project documentation.
- Work with colleagues’ ideas and manage their expectations.
- Develop concepts, graphics and layouts. This includes making decisions about fonts, images, readability and readers’ needs.
- Ensure that team members are kept up to date, listen to and act on feedback and explain the rationale behind graphic design decisions.
- Liaise with external printers or production teams to ensure deadlines are met and material is printed or presented to the highest quality.
- Test graphics across various media platforms.
- Collaborate to develop ideas and concepts for graphics.
- Conduct research and stay up to date on design trends and best practices.
- Ensure that all graphics are consistent with the company’s brand guidelines.
- Conduct proofreading and quality checking of all designs before they are finalized and published.
- Provide revisions and updates to graphics as needed.
- Participate in team meetings and present work for review and feedback.
We seek the following in our desired candidate:
A relevant tertiary qualification in the Arts or Design is required
Experience / Background Preference
- The company will only look at candidates who have no less than TWO years’ relevant, working experience in a similar role.
- Familiarity with design software and technologies (such as InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop) is required.
- Experience in multimedia content development is essential.
- An understanding of browser capabilities is required.
- Experience in a similar role within the Financial Services Industry will be highly advantageous.
- Previous experience on the African Continent, working with countries outside of South Africa, will be advantageous.
- An excellent command of English, both written and verbal, is a requirement of the job.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following:
- A keen eye for aesthetics and detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work methodically.
- Creativity and originality.
- Fluency of ideas.
- Strict attention to detail.
- Strong client-facing skills.
- Strong administrative skills.
- Be alert to changing situations, show flexibility in approach, adaptability in difficult circumstances and continuously strive to achieve meaningful results.
- Ability to communicate with design agencies.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Ability to juggle numerous tasks simultaneously (requiring effective co-ordination and communication).
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment and to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work with different cultures and personalities and as part of a team.
- Have drive, assertion and the ability to communicate with others in a logical manner.
The position is based at our Johannesburg office located at Illovo Edge Office Block, Building 4, 9 Harries Road, Illovo, Sandton.
By nature of the group, travel will be required from any staff member of the company from time to time.
An annual cost to company remuneration package, which will be commensurate with the technical skills and experience of the successful candidate.
Please forward applications to Tracey Strong: email@example.com
If you do not hear from us within two weeks, please consider your application for this particular vacancy unsuccessful. In this instance, please be assured that we shall retain your application and will be in touch should a suitable opportunity arise in the future.