Eswatini Job Opportunities – Collections Manager
Main Purpose of the Role
The Collections Manager will be responsible for overseeing and managing the entire collections process and staff of Eswatini. This will include the management of and reporting on both early and late stage collections to ensure accurate processing and collections of payments, within targeted and budgeted requirements as well as providing leadership and guidance to all collections staff.
Key Deliverables of the Collections Manager
- Ensure monthly collections remain at acceptable group level:
- Oversee the collections of all payments and by-products from CDAS, parastatal and private employers each month and follow up with the relevant employer, on any outstanding payments.
- Payroll collections to be improved to and maintained above 95%.
- Debit order and Payday collections to be maintained above 90%
- Second-tier debit order platform collections to be improved to levels above 50% on a consistent basis.
- Strive to improve arrears to levels below 7%.
- Strive to improve provision levels below 10%.
- Ensure the correct collections strategies and campaigns for early and late stage collections and debit order, payday and payroll loans are implemented to maintain loan book provisions at the agreed rate.
- Ensure failed collections are analysed and categorised timeously and appropriate actions to collect are put in place and followed through by the Collections Team.
- Source, contract and supervise all internal and external collections partners, such as credit bureaus, external collections agents and trace partners, as well as legal partners.
- Ensure that all uncollectable debt is appropriately motivated and timeously written off, based on standing company policies and industry regulations, after all efforts to collect outstanding amounts has failed.
- Support the Chief Executive Officer, Regional Collections Manager and Head of Credit & Risk in interpreting failed collections and arrears information and in the implementation of corrective actions to recover losses and prevent future occurrences.
- Adhere to all company and collections Standard Operating Procedures (“SOPs”).
- Relationship management:
- Ensure that sound relationships are created and maintained with key staff and management at the payrolls of all Government, Parastatal and Private entities.
- Ensure that the names, contact numbers and details of all interactions are documented, indexed and preserved.
- Ensure that relationships are structured to ensure that there is a high level of redundancy (back up) through ensuring that the relationships exist across a broad set of Eswatini staff members.
- Arrears category management:
- Ensure that all categories of arrears are equitably and timeously monitored, managed and reported on, and that the data, process and results are well documented, indexed and preserved.
- Ensure that all relevant performance and management data is timeously and accurately collected, collated, analysed and disseminated.
- Compile the daily, weekly, monthly and ad-hoc collections reports to be presented during the monthly Exco and other forums.
- Prepare reports and presentations as required by Executive Management and other stakeholders.
- Ensure the availability of timeous, accurate and correctly presented information to support business decision making.
- Management of collections staff:
- Provide leadership, guidance and training to develop personnel and ensure the transference of skills and efficient achievement of goals and objectives.
- Ensure that all collections staff receive regular, documented coaching sessions.
- Ensure that all collections staff are adequately trained and skilled to ensure quality collection strategies and client service.
- Ensure that each staff member is monitored and managed daily against an agreed upon set of measures, and that the process and results are well documented, indexed and preserved.
- Reconciliation of the “Expected vs Collected”, ensuring payments are followed up timeously.
- Management of the AR clearing account ensuring that all payments received in the bank are identified and cleared timeously.
- Maintain fluency in product knowledge, the loans management system and collections procedures necessary to carry out collections processes and conducting client interviews.
- Recommend and develop strategies for improving operations of the department.
The Collections Manager will report to the Chief Executive Officer with a reporting function to the Regional Collections Manager.
We seek the following in our desired candidate:
- A relevant tertiary qualification (such as a B Com Degree) is required
- Preference will be given to candidates with applicable certificates in Collections and Credit Management.
Experience / Background Preference
- The company will only look at candidates who have no less than FIVE years relevant, working experience of which at least two should have been in a similar role.
- Government payroll and/or other payroll loan collections experience is essential.
- Eswatini Microlending or related financial services experience is essential.
- Knowledge of Eswatini laws relating to financial services, particularly with regard to Microlending, is essential.
- A strong command of English, both written and verbal is a requirement of the job.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following ability:
- Self-assurance and a confident manner.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proven people management and leadership skills.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to assess complex situations and use creativity to solve problems.
- Strict attention to detail.
- Established negotiation skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- A self-starter who shows initiative and assumes responsibility for projects.
- Proven ability to operate independently and exercise significant latitude for independent judgement, discretion and action.
- Ability to prioritise and handle multiple tasks within strict time frames within a fast-paced environment.
- High energy levels.
- The ability to debate in a constructive manner and to challenge conventional wisdom.
- The ability to build strong relationships with team members, company management and clients.
The position is based at our Eswatini Head Office situated in Manzini, Eswatini.
An annual cost to company remuneration package, which will be commensurate with the technical skills and experience of the successful candidate.
If you do not hear from us within two weeks, please consider your application for this particular vacancy unsuccessful. In this instance, please note that we may retain your application and be in touch should a suitable opportunity arise in the future.