Malawi Job Opportunities – Regional Manager – Northern Region
REGIONAL MANAGER – NORTHERN REGION, MALAWI
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the position of Regional Manager – Norther Region in a dynamic and highly innovative financial institution, which provides financial services to Government, arastatals and private employees.
Key deliverables of the role
- Achieve sales figures in accordance with budgets provided from time to time.
- Achieve activity (activations, appointments) and conversion rate targets for all agents and teams as set from time to time.
- Increase market share in the public sector guided by your portfolio targets set out in the budgets for the year.
- Assist in the development of marketing strategies for the financial year and implement as appropriate within the region.
- Recruit appropriately qualified sales agents and team leaders, in accordance with the manpower requirements as defined from time to time.
- Provide training and oversight for all new recruits to ensure that they achieve the required level of competence as quickly as possible.
- Provide daily monitoring of all activity and conversion measurements, identifying negative variances and actioning same accordingly.
- Maintain detailed records of all activation and conversion data as well as of all interventions on underperforming agents and team leaders.
- Provide daily reports, i.r.o. activity and conversion statistics and interventions as well as on general operational items, to line management, in the prescribed format and at the prescribed times.
- Identify, analyze and report on new trends in microfinance in the region.
- Interact and maintain key client relationships with employers and third parties.
- Ensure that service levels in branches and satellite offices under your control meet the required standards.
- Ensure that visitors registers and complaints registers in branches and satellite offices are strictly maintained and audited.
- Conduct daily, weekly and monthly meetings with your sales team(s) discussing the previous period’s work and the following period’s planned activities.
- Prepare and submit weekly plans at the end of each week detailing activities for the following week.
- Provide support to Select partner organizations aimed at effectively delivering on the running agreements
- Ensure collection of byproducts from Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs), within your region to meet the set deadline every month.
- Ensure that feedback on byproduct status and collection is provided to Collections Manager and country head daily.
- Ensure that payments from MDAs and private payrolls within your region are promptly followed up with and collected.
- Ensure that feedback on payments status and collection is provided to Collections Manager and country head daily.
- Ensure that any dropped accounts and/or uploads, as informed by the Collections Manager, are promptly notified to the relevant MDA and are promptly followed up with in accordance with deadlines as provided from time to time.
- Ensure monthly mismatches are lodged at respective payrolls and feedback provided within the set deadlines.
- Partial Performing Arrears Rollover Campaigns, as allocated to each RM monthly, to be actioned daily (calling – appointment – rollover) and reported on daily to the Collections Manager and Country Head.
- Calling, tracing and visiting of next of kin on deceased client matters to obtain death certificates for submission to the Collections Manager to conclude deceased claims via the relevant credit life insurer. Reporting on these daily to the Collections Manager and Country Manager.
- Carry out regional monthly internal audits as set out in the audit templates, to the standard and in accordance with the deadlines set, to ensure compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Ensure adequate and proper control and management of all assets in your care, including but not limited to vehicles, electronic devices such as tablets, mobile phones, laptops, desktop, printers, copiers etc., furniture, fixtures and fittings, kitchen appliances, safety deposit boxes and/or safes, stationery, cash, vouchers etc. and
ensure that proper records of all are maintained and that all are properly cared for and serviced/maintained in accordance with the manufacturers specifications.
- Ensure that the Select Group values, as defined from time to time, are shared with all staff, and actively propagated through induction sessions for all new staff and regular communication sessions with all existing staff, as well as actively practicing same and setting the example.
A Degree in Business Studies, Business Management or Business Administration is essential.
Experience / Background Preference
- The company will only look at candidates who have no less than 3 years’ relevant experience in a financial services institution in Malawi.
- Previous Microfinance experience will be highly advantageous.
- Previous managerial experience is essential.
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
- Must be highly computer literate.
- Must be in possession of a valid, clean drivers licence.
- A self-starter who is performance driven and is able to handle the responsibilities associated with the position, with honesty and integrity.
- A team player who is approachable and receptive to ideas/feedback from others.
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
- A logical thinker who has a clear, focused and methodical approach to work.
- Results orientated – strongly motivated to achieve results, adhere to deadlines.
- Assertive – able to handle conflict, stand by principles and put forward ideas despite opposition.
- Tough- minded, rarely upset by criticism and able to retain optimism despite setbacks.
- Must have strong customer service skills.
The position is based in Mzuzu.
Please forward applications to The Chief Executive Officer: email@example.com
An annual cost to company remuneration package, which will be commensurate with the technical skills and experience of the successful candidate.
If you do not hear from us within two weeks, please consider your application for this particular vacancy unsuccessful. In this instance, please be assured that we shall retain your application and will be in touch should a suitable opportunity arise in the future.